Monday, February 22, 2010

No Exaggeration-

Some folks who are new to this email list may think I'm exaggerating when I talk about how the unions (and, to be fair, the system overall) throw kids under the bus, but believe me, I'm not.  One of my readers, who taught alongside one of the notoriously bad teachers highlighted (exposed?) in the article I sent around in my last email about "LAUSD's Dance of the Lemons" (http://edreform.blogspot.com/2010/02/lausds-dance-of-lemons-why-firing-desk.html), notes that there were "a handful of teachers far, far worse than him" at the school!

 

Wow – I taught at one of the schools in this article – Nimitz Middle School – from 2002-2005, when Mr. Mars was there.  The sad thing is, he was under the radar and there were a handful of teachers far, far worse than him who Frank Vasquez couldn't get rid of until students were physically injured in their classes!

 

I honestly think it's hard to exaggerate the horrors of the worst, say, 5% of public schools in this country.

 Subscribe in a reader