Friday, March 19, 2010

Support Jane Viau's class

I just donated $100 to support the Jaime Escalante of NYC, Jane Viau, in whose class I was a guest instructor (described in a recent email; photos posted at: http://picasaweb.google.com/WTilson/FDA).  Here's her appeal:

 

I was hoping that you could forward this link to my two outstanding project funding requests to anyone whom you think may be willing to help out my

students.

 

www.donorschoose.org/viau-fda

 

Both are eligible for a matched funding (one by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the other by HP) - but those offers expire in a couple of days.

 

One project is to compile a 'gift bag' of motivation for my AP Statistics students.

 

The other is to add to the 'student computer center' that I've been assembling in my classroom since so many of my students do not have access to a computer or printer at home.

 Subscribe in a reader