Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More on nitwit demagogues

Yesterday's email, in which I called Beck and Palin "nitwit demagogues", triggered a smattering of hostile emails, most notably from one guy who was at the rally in DC on Saturday who called me "an arrogant fool" and said he'd never read anything I wrote ever again.  How anyone on this list could be surprised that I'm a Democrat and prone to occasional partisan outbursts is beyond me…

 

I know there are a lot of folks on this email list with whom I would probably disagree on every major policy issue EXCEPT education reform.  That's cool – we can work together on this issue and agree to disagree on others.  But if you're going to be on this email list, you're occasionally going to have to put up with some partisan tweaking.  We have plenty of nitwit demagogues in our party as well, but (surprise!) I much prefer tweaking the Republican ones.  Funny how some folks love it when I call out unions for "throwing kids under the bus" and their politician lackeys (mostly Democrats) for being "gutless weasels", but lose it when I call out Republicans…

 Subscribe in a reader