Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Ravitch's New Book: Reign of Error

It was Ravitch’s 75th birthday on Monday. Though I disagree with her on just about everything (see my web site here), I will tip my hat to her by saying that I hope I’m as prolific as she is when I’m 75! Speaking of which, I just learned that she’s coming out with a new book in September called Reign of Error, which is very ironic since those words would certain describe both what’s happened in the past few decades as the teachers unions have come to run our nation’s educational system (recent progress to break this stranglehold notwithstanding), as well as Ravitch’s shift of views as she’s gone from a reformer to the ultimate defender of the status quo. This photo will remind many of you of the old Ravitch, before she went off the deep end:




The full title of the book is: Reign of Error: The Hoax of the Privatization Movement and the Danger to America's Public Schools and you can order it here.




 Subscribe in a reader