Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mike Wang on Tea Party and teachers' union

Mike Wang of the Philadelphia School Partnership clarifies his comparison of Tea Party and teachers' union tactics, which I included in an email a few weeks ago:
 
After receiving some feedback, I wanted to clarify that the note I wrote was part of a much longer conversation about political tactics that came on the heels of aggressive anti-education reform protests in Philadelphia. These were my personal views and were meant to be a critique of political tactics, not a discussion of substantive policy; I've always worked with and for advocates of education reform from all backgrounds, political parties, and beliefs and PSP is party agnostic and politically diverse, focused on expanding high-quality schools for Philadelphians. Also, a quick correction: the head of PSP is executive director Mark Gleason; I am the managing director.
 

 Subscribe in a reader