Friday, March 23, 2007

Charter School panel in DC, 3/28

Anytime you see a forum and a series of papers called "Charter Schools: Keeping the Promise or Dismantling Communities?", you have a pretty good idea that it isn't going to be very favorable -- and a two-second skim of the papers confirms it.  I'm going on spring break tomorrow with my family for the next two weeks and don't want to get my blood boiling right now, so I'll leave it up to you to read the papers (I posted them at www.tilsonfunds.com/Personal/KeepingthePromiseWhitePapers.pdf) and attend the forum, which will be in DC on March 28th from 9-11:30am.  I share this because it's always good to know what critics of charter schools are saying -- it's much easier to defeat arguments when you know what they are!

 Subscribe in a reader