Teachers Unions Explained
I'm certainly not the only person making cartoons lampooning the teacher unions' behavior (mine is entitled "Teacher of the Year Laid Off" and is posted here: www.xtranormal.com/watch/11138646 (2 minutes). I got a kick out of this one, entitled "Teachers Unions Explained": www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kxc6kzH-uI (4 min). Here's a sample of the dialogue between a supporter of the unions and a skeptic:
- The only way to improve public schools is money.
- How much money would it take?
- How much more?
- A lot more
- Can you be a little more specific?
- How much does the country have left?
- I'm guessing not enough.
- Just keep giving them money until the unions say you can stop.
- Why not?
- I'm worried they might forget to say stop.