Monday, August 08, 2011

Matt Damon would deny charter school students education alternatives he had as a child

Here's the NY Daily News:

Matt Damon would deny charter school students education alternatives he had as a child

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 4:00 AM

Evan Agostini/AP

Actor Matt Damon recently spoke out against charter schools but he himself benefited from an alternative school education.

Appearing at a protest against the education reform movement, actor Matt Damon said he sees a "core inequality" when comparing some charter schools with traditional public schools. Then, he said of his own education:

"I moved to Cambridge, Mass., when I was 10 years old because of the alternative schools there that my mother ... really wanted me to go to, and I got in."

Many New York parents would do the same if they had the means. But they don't, so they choose charter schools. Sounds about equal, Matt.

 Subscribe in a reader