Friday, July 01, 2011

Leslie Redwine of Achievement First

At the conference I also ran into an old friend, Leslie Redwine of Achievement First, and learned that she's moving back to her hometown of Detroit to take over a CMO there.  Here's her email about her move (shared with her permission), and anyone

 

After spending 6 1/2 years working for a wonderful organization, I am leaving Achievement First. I am really excited about heading to Detroit -- my hometown and a place that desperately needs talent. I am set to become the CEO of New Urban Learning which is a charter management organization that currently operates seven college preparatory urban public charter schools including University Prep, University Prep Science + Math, and University Yes (a partnership with Yes Prep in Houston). New Urban Learning was founded in 2000 by Doug Ross a former Michigan state senator and assistant secretary in the department of labor in the Clinton administration. I know that the time I have spent in New York City and at Achievement First well-prepared me for this opportunity.

 

In this new role I am looking forward to sharing more positive reforms happening in Detroit, and finding bright and talented people who are willing to relocate to Michigan to help tackle a city that needs great people to turn it around.  [So if you're interested or know someone who is, contact Leslie at: lesleyredwine@gmail.com]

 Subscribe in a reader