Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Support Jane Viau

Here's an email from Jane Viau, who I call the Jaimita Escalante of NYC for the amazing results she's achieving with students at Frederick Douglass Academy in Harlem (see: http://edreform.blogspot.com/2010/03/support-jane-viaus-class.html and http://edreform.blogspot.com/2010/02/guest-teacher-at-frederick-douglass.html).  I hope you'll take a few minutes to support her – it will cost you nothing:
 
Hello everyone.  I apologize in advance if you've already donated, but I figured a mass email would be the easiest way to reach all of you.  In case you are not familiar, www.donorschoose.org is a not-for-profit focused on getting teachers much needed money for resources and classroom supplies.  They have recently partnered with the people behind the new documentary Waiting for Superman, who have agreed to donate $15 for each person that follows the steps below. 
 
1.  From a cell phone, text the word "POSSIBLE" to the number 77177 2.  Reply with your ZIP code
 
You will then receive an 8 character gift code that can be redeemed for $15 on the site.  This is at no cost to you.  You will receive text alerts advising you of how you can become involved in education reform in your community; if you would not like to receive any such texts, simply text STOP and you will no longer receive any messages from the production company behind the film.
 
I ask that you all take two minutes to do this, and redeem your code for one of my new funding requests on my DonorsChoose website at
 
 
Alternatively, you can simply email me at jviau@usa.net with your code and I will redeem it on the website myself to save you the trouble.
 
Thank you in advance, and thank you to everyone who has donated already!  And feel free to forward this email along :)
 
Sincerely,
 
Jane Viau
Teacher
AP Statistics, AP Micreconomics
The Frederick Douglass Academy I
Harlem, NY

 Subscribe in a reader